Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food Allergies Are.... Curable??

  So.... I went to a chiropractor for the first time two weeks ago and the receptionist going over my paperwork noticed that I had a food intolerance. She mentioned it to the doctor so he could tell me about the NAET treatments he does. He said that they do a muscle test to determine your allergen(s), then he can cure you by acupressure or something like that. There wasn't enough time during that appointment for him to do the whole test but he wanted to show me what it would be like. *I think this whole thing sounds kind of quackish but it's really interesting too!*
  He had me lay on my back and raise my right arm up and he told me not to let my arm fall when he pulled down on it. No problem there. He said he wanted to "make sure I was balanced properly" so he put his finger on my forehead and pulled down on my arm, again, no problem keeping it up. THEN, he put the back of his finger on my forehead and my arm was so weak! It felt like the blood constricted in my shoulder area or something, it didn't really "hurt," but it definitely made my arm weak. It almost feels kind of pinched but it doesn't last long. (The only thing is that after the test my arm was sore. I don't know why and I think that's strange.) He explained that according to Eastern medicine the front of your body is positive and the back is negative, so by him placing the back of his finger on my forehead it shorted out my system or some strange thing. After his little demonstration he put a vial in my left hand and did the muscle test, my arm was fine. He told me that the vial contained mixed grains. Then he handed me a different vial and did the test. This time I could not keep my arm up! The vial had milk in it- therefore I have a dairy allergy. That was all he had time for that day so we made an appointment to have the full test done and start treatments.
  Today I went in and had the test done. Turns out my allergies are: sugar (all types, even fruit), dairy, and food additives. He said that he had to treat the sugar intolerance first, so he had me lay on my stomach while holding the sugar vial in my right hand, but I had to rest my forehead on that hand. Then he touched different points on my back along my spine, he went from the top to the bottom several times touching different places while getting faster and faster. Then he was done. He had me sit up and said that now I just had to hold the vial of sugar for twenty minutes. So now I just have to avoid any type of sugar for 25 hours. After that I'm supposed to be fixed because it "resets" your body.
  I admit, I am somewhat skeptical, but I really hope this works! I'll have two more treatments for the dairy and the food additives but then I should be allergy free!!! That would be awesome :D I'll keep you all posted.
             Have a fabulous Tuesday,
                          ~Hannah 
                

0 comments: